Sunday, April 12, 2009

Beads made from dried flowers?

When my ex-husbands mom died his step dad (my daughters grandfather) took some of the flowers from her funeral and had beads made from the petals of the dried flowers. His daughter and each of the 2 granddaughters got bracelets made from them. They are beautiful. Then this summer my daughter and her aunt went hunting for four leaf clovers(my daughter and her aunt are both 12 her mom is the one who died) and found a bunch Grandpa dried them out and had bracelets made for them again. I have asked him how they are made but he doesn%26#039;t know so my question is does anyone know how to make them? My thought was the petals were ground up in maybe a food processor then worked into polymer clay and baked to harden. Has anyone ever done this before? Please let me know thanks!! I just think this is a special way to preserve memories and I would love to be able to do it myself.

Beads made from dried flowers?
There are many sites that have instructions, but I like this one best because it has tons of great ideas for just about everything.
Reply:I%26#039;ve heard of this with rose petals - they are ground up and a %26quot;clay%26quot; is made - cinnamon can be added if you like a spicy scent. The clay is pinched off and rolled into %26quot;pearls%26quot; then a large needle is used to punch a hole through the middle (large because the beads shrink as they dry).





After they are dried (days or even a couple of weeks, depending on where you live and the time of year) they can be strung for a bracelet or necklace.





I%26#039;ve also heard of the %26quot;pearls%26quot; being used in a dresser drawer to scent lingerie or sweaters, the hole in center can be left out if they will be used as a %26quot;sachet%26quot;.




puppy teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment